Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Working lunch

My love of food I think stems from the fact that in 30 something odd years of eating it there are still flavours I have never tasted. I still remember tasting things for the first time as a child; for example the first time I ever had beef bourguignon, chili and (believe it or not) tuna with vinegar and not mayo were all experienced at my friends house. I remember her not eating her dinner once and I wanted to take it off the side and eat it for her, how weird is that? The thought of her not eating this (what I thought) was a fantastic meal appalled me. The first chimichanga I ever ate was also with this girl's family in this dark restaurant which was very cool and exciting and I'm sure I loved the food too.
I still remember the name of the ice cream I used to order once a year at my sisters birthday dinner at an Italian restaurant, it was called the San Reamo (not sure of the spelling now) and I always had a prawn cocktail before it.
The opportunity to have a new experience from all over the world with a relatively small cost appeals to me and for me it would be very sad to have to eat the same thing week in week out....urgh. For some reason this lunch made my brain spew out that last couple of paragraphs....
On that note here is my lunch today:




This is a common 'study' lunch for me for when I have to eat alone, I hate to eat alone unless it's Cadbury's Whole Nut or Walkers Cheese and Onion then that's a whole other post about comfort food.  When I have to eat and listen and type at the same time I like to dip and snack without a lot of effort.
I have hummus with roasted red peppers and pine nuts, pita chips, 1/2 an apple sliced, broccoli (I've decided I like it raw and not at all cooked), carrots and grape tomatoes, cubes of cheese (cheddar/monterrey jack and colby), and the new PB&J trail mix from Costco which is oh so yummy; it has dried and sweetened strawberries, cranberries, mandarin oranges, peanuts and almonds.
Oh the chocolate is a strawberry filled Ghiradelli square.

No comments:

Post a Comment